- Take Your Vitamins!
Just by popping a couple pills with your breakfast in the morning can fix your beauty ailments and enhance features that you never knew you had! In addition to taking a multivitamin, there are other supplements you can take.
- Fish Oil - There’s nothing fishy about it! Take one tasteless capsule every day and not only add beneficial Omega-3’s to your diet, but make your heart stronger, your skin dewier, and your hair shinier! Or break a capsule and run the odorless oil in your hair for instant smoothing serum and leave-in conditioner.
- Vitamin B Complex - Vitamin B and all of it’s variants (B12, B6) are energy boosters as well as **cue angelic music** metabolism boosters! The complex will give you that extra boost to keep you going all day, as well as spur your metabolism and it can actually help you naturally lose weight the safe way! (DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN ONE - as with all pills.. you don’t want to have an excess of any mineral in your system!)
- Vitamin C - In addition to your daily glass of orange juice, you should pop one of these for healthy skin! It will help regulate your skin to keep it clearer and prettier.
- Vitamin D - This tiny little pill will boost your mood and strengthen your joints! It’s got all of the happy-makers that you’d normally get from the sun or the tanning bed! It will even make you glow… but it won’t make you bronze.
- Niacin or Folate - Even when you’re young you should be aware of how much of these you’re getting in your diet, to help promote fertility and other ‘womanly’ health.
You don’t need to have the pressure of dropping a few pound be your motivation - how about getting healthier skin? There are other benefits to a little daily movement other than weight loss.
- You don’t need to run yourself half dead! - A mere 15 minutes a day will make all the difference! And you don’t need to do it all at once. Do some yoga poses when you wake up in the morning, or park around the block from the restaurant you’re meeting your date at and walk it. Or find something fun to do with a friend! Take a short walk and enjoy the warmer weather and catch up on your gossip! Challenge yourself to try the FlirtyGirl Fitness workout with or without the pole! It doesn’t need to be a lot, but it DOES need to be fun.
- Can anyone say ‘Endorphins’? - You’ll feel good about yourself after you dance to a Zumba video on Youtube, but you’ll also feel good because of the hormones exploding in your body! Endorphins are your body’s natural way to lighten your outlook on life, and to encourage you to keep the healthy habits going.
- Your skin will thank you - Your hair might get damp with sweat and your eyeliner might run, but the natural release will moisturize your skin and promote better blood flow to your face, making it truly glow!
- You’ll have a better sex drive - Your partner will thank you for this one - not only do you naturally feel sexier, but exercise really ‘gets your blood boiling’ in a good way, and will make you more energized, excited, and give you an easier climax (sorry if thats a little vulgar, but it’s true!)
3. Shower Every OTHER Day!
You might think I’m crazy, or dirty and smelly, but you’d be wrong for thinking so! Your hair and skin are going to be healthier and prettier - and as long as you’re not doused in sweat or you drank a whole bottle the night before, you’ll smell fine. The chemicals in your shampoo and body wash are actually going to dry out and damage your hair and skin, so using them less frequently and letting your natural oils do what they’re supposed to do is going to smooth everything out beautifully.
4. Cut the Sugar!
This is one of the things I have the hardest time doing, but not only will cutting back on your daily sugar and starch intake help you lose weight and lower your blood sugar, but it will reduce breakouts and make you happier! Sugar and starch are in all kinds of foods that scientists have attributed to breakouts, because these foods trigger hormones and the overproduction of oil in your skin. Sadly, the comfort food is bad for you in every way. I am on a personal mission to cut back on soda - Mt. Dew in particular. I’m addicted, it’s as simple as that - but since I’ve stopped drinking 4 bottles a day, (down to 1 or none) I’ve lost 5 pounds and my skin has cleared up considerably! Yay me!
5. De-Caff Your Diet!
As much as you think you rely on your daily cups of coffee and your energy drinks throughout the day to make you look and feel awake, the opposite effect could actually be happening. Caffeine has been proven to dull skin and cause it to die quicker - yuck.