Elf Shimmer Whip in Lilac Petal Review!
I got this product because I heard from a few people that it was a close duplication to Benefit’s High Beam.
While I found that it is not exactly a dupe, I can tell you why I like it so much more!
Elf shimmer whip in Lilac Petal is not purple, like “lilac” like I expected. Instead it is a soft nude with some pink undertone. It is similar looking to Benefit’s High Beam when blended out, but not as pink, which makes it a MUCH more universal highlighter.
The formula says it’s “whipped” but it’s really just a sort of airy liquid. When blending it into your skin it becomes slightly tacky but as soon as you finish blending it feels like you have nothing on! It’s very easy to blend and it has a lovely frost to it’s finish. I am extremely impressed with it’s application and color. I was expecting larger chunks of glitter, since it was only a dollar, but it really does give you a natural “glowy” look!
I LOVE that it is in a squeeze tube, where as Benefit’s has a brush applicator. The brush makes bacteria MUCH easier to grow and that really gives me the heebie jeebies. I don’t want any of that on my face.
A very, very small amount will go a long way. I use a quarter of a pea size to do both of my cheek bones. That keeps me happy, since I know I’m REALLY spending my dollar wisely! (; pun intended.
With all that said…
- Universally flattering shade. Will look fantastic with any skin tone!
- Really great quality formula, isn’t streaky at all.
- Fantastic frosty finish with very fine particles
- Comes in a very clean squeeze tube
- The price, 1$
- The amount of product you get for a dollar!
- Feels like you are wearing nothing
- Lasts all day
- Has no offensive smell… Actually there isn’t one at all!
- the name is a bit misleading. It isn’t really “whipped” just a very light feeling liquid!
- A bit tacky at first when you are applying it
As you can see, I really love this product and will recommend it to all of you! It’s awesome possum.