Eyeshadow Decoded: Which Shades are Best for your Eye Color
Your eyes are the most important features of your face… they tell the most about you. Your eyes tell your mood, your personality, and your life story! Studies show that mates are more attracted to their partner’s eyes than any other physical area. So why wouldn’t you want to accentuate those peepers?!
Wearing the wrong eyeshadow color can actually detract from your eyes’ natural shade! How? It’s basic knowledge of the color wheel.
In general, opposite colors are complimentary. Usually if you wear an eyeshadow color that is next to your eye color, right or left, it will “clash” with your eyes and detract from their natural shade. This is true for the most part; if you have green eyes, blue eyeshadow won’t make them sparkle.
However when considering complimentary colors, the color wheel is not always correct - there are some shades that work for any eye color! These are:
- White (etc)
When playing with metallics, you have to consider the undertone - is it cool or warm? For instance, cool would be silver, and warm would be gold.
The right undertones can flatter both your eyes and your skin. Cool skintones look great with cool-toned eyeshadow, and vice versa. If your eyes have more of a golden tone than grey, you might want to go for gold eyeshadow.
So here we go, what is best for YOUR eye color?
Unfortunately, those of us with baby blues are rather limited when it comes to colors. Stick with neutrals, cool or warm, and plum/lilac shades. For a real pop of color, go for a bright yellow or light orange!
Neutrals are generally the way to go, although you can also pull off light pinks and purples as well.
You lucky boob, you’re the one that can get away with anything. Since your eyes are already “neutral”, you can play with any shade on the color wheel and still have it be complimentary. If you have lighter hair, go with more muted shades - the darker your hair is, the brighter you can go.
This unique shade is really just a variation of blue, green, or brown. If you’ve got hazel eyes, you’ll know that they tend to change shades depending on the day, or the lighting. Usually they’ll lean towards green, yellow, or blue - in which case you should accentuate that color with a matching shadow. Slightly green eyes will pop more with green paired with a neutral, like brown. If you want to play it safe, stick to those universally flattering shades!
It’s always fun to play with colors, so don’t let fear of a bright shade keep you from trying it out!! You’ll never know what works for YOU, so experiment and have fun. Makeup is a never-ending artform, and there are really no rules.
- dnacosmetics likes this
- born-with-it-maybe likes this
- shalomshabop likes this
- theleanove-r likes this
- laurensolonely reblogged this from drugstoreprincess and added:
- atsai reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- brittanyact4life likes this
- mybloodysoulwashere reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- mybloodysoulwashere likes this
- blvckkksheep likes this
- mendingending likes this
- caralove143 likes this
- kittenmittensss likes this
- zope3sdope likes this
- yomoko likes this
- musicofkatfish likes this
- carinareads likes this
- moodychan likes this
- harleylhorreur reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- my-little-t-and-a likes this
- markerspasm reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- beautifull-eyes likes this
- toekneemama likes this
- charizarity reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- charizarity likes this
- diamondnikki likes this
- somepeoplelikepotatoes reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- somepeoplelikepotatoes likes this
- why-thats-just-delightful likes this
- samiiiesweets reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- riddlemehiddlestoner reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- tarenmii likes this
- concealed-presence likes this
- rissa1178 likes this
- fadedtiny likes this
- julietabinda likes this
- fucking-corn reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- benefitbabe12 likes this
- fortunebooks likes this
- popcorncheerio reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- devoncouture likes this
- thewonderofliving likes this
- thalattamythos likes this
- bustybarnes likes this
- utterlyenthralled reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- carlosocapilla likes this
- xruthannx likes this
- igotoseek-words likes this
- xoaanalxo reblogged this from world-of-makeup
- crhserenity reblogged this from drugstoreprincess