Let’s Talk About - Eyelash Curlers!
These are the funny looking tools that my boyfriend refers to as a torture device. Lots of people use them, LIVE by them even, but many people don’t bother. There are tons of different brands of eyelash curlers out there, but is there really any difference? Let’s quickly decode them.
So what is the point of an eyelash curler? Do you really need one?
Most people who wear makeup wish for longer, fuller, more amazing eyelashes - they open up your eyes and make you look more awake. But sometimes simply using mascara isn’t enough!
Everyone’s lashes are different - some are long, some are short.. some are thin and others are thick and lush. Many people have stick-straight lashes, and even when mascara is applied they don’t show up the way they should because they have no curl!
Eyelash curlers come into play when mascara isn’t doing it alone. Curlers physically bend the eyelashed upwards, making them look longer and larger. People who love the look of fake eyelashes often curl their lashes whenever they can to get the same look. Anyone can use an eyelash curler - there is no one who “shouldn’t”.
Types of Eyelash Curlers:
Regular Clamp Curler
These look like scissors, but they’re safe near your eyes, no worries! These are easy to use, using a simple clamp to curl the lashes.
Mini Clamp Curler
Best for people with very short lashes! The only difference is the size of the clamp.. the length of the opening is smaller but thinner and will get even the smallest lashes.
This curler is great if your lashes are stubborn, and lose their curl throughout the day. The head revolves and grabs your lashes, heating while it curls, to maintain maximum length.
These pocket-sized curlers are easy to stick in your purse to use on the go! They clamp your eyelashes, just like a regular curler, but the compact size makes it easy to use.
How do eyelash curlers work?
Most people use a regular eyelash curler with a clamp. These are probably the easiest to use, and the least expensive. (Practice makes perfect, so here we go..)
**ALWAYS USE AN EYELASH CURLER ON CLEAN EYELASHES** Do not use them after you apply mascara. If you curl them while you’re wearing mascara, you’ll cause horrible clumps, and your lashes will stick to the curler, causing them to be pulled out! Simply curl first, and apply mascara as usual afterwards.
1. Open the clamp, and place it over your eye, so that your upper lashes go through the opening, as seen above.
2. Close the open clamp, getting as close to the roots of the lashes as possible. You are trying to curl close to the root, instead of at the ends, for maximum curl. If you squeeze and it HURTS you are too close to the lid.
3. Instead of squeezing HARD once, squeeze gently, pulsating a few times (opening and closing lightly and quickly). Remove the curler and then do this again.
**Very often, the eyelash curler will not be the same shape as your eye! In this case, just going across all of your lashes at once won’t get them all! What I do is curl the outer half of my lashes first, and then the inner/middle part afterwards, simply holding my curler at an angle against my lid (the natural shape). Don’t be discouraged if your eyes don’t fit in your eyelash curler.
You don’t need to curl your bottom lashes… it’s difficult and unnecessary!
I curl my lashes, but even regular curling doesn’t help! What should I do?
+ Try blasting your eyelash curler with your hair dryer on high heat until the eyelash curler is warm. Then curl as normal! It’s like a heated curler, without having to buy a new tool. Heat will help your lashes stay curled for longer.
My eyelash curler always pinches!
+ Try curling your lashes in sections, as I mentioned above. Or try a mini eyelash curler, which will get close to your roots without grabbing your eyelid.
My eyelashes are long, but straight.
+ Heat your curler, and then curl your lashes from the middle as well as the root!
DSP’s Favorite Eyelash Curlers:
Love & Beauty Pinch-Free Travel Eyelash Curler - Forever 21 - $3
ELF Mechanical Eyelash Curler - EyesLipsFace.com - $1
ELF Mini Eyelash Curler - EyesLipsFace.com - $3
Revlon The No-Pinch Travel Curler - $5
Sephora Professional Mini Heated Lash Curler - Sephora.com - $16
Sally Hansen La Cross Double Curl - Drugstores - $4
Do I think that expensive, name-brand curlers are worth the price? Nope! As long as you find one that works for you, it doesn’t matter if you paid $1 or $20!
Google Images (company photos)
- my-darling-it-will-be-okay likes this
- mokeibodo likes this
- the-nuggetsune likes this
- just-doit-sam likes this
- arlene likes this
- i-am-a-melodramatic-fool likes this
- its-vvhateva likes this
- sustile likes this
- moviejunkie66 likes this
- omiyukii likes this
- knottedodyssey likes this
- jakeyistoocute reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- jakeyistoocute likes this
- mendingending likes this
- marinababebarbie likes this
- somepeoplelikepotatoes likes this
- saucyfbaby likes this
- undersideofembroidery likes this
- sophiias-world reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- queensailor likes this
- vghenley likes this
- kmurphy17 likes this
- bexxaholston likes this
- briannnaa15 likes this
- deeperthanthebigbluesea reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- hauteamber reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- hauteamber likes this
- maddiemcnabb likes this
- incoherent-affection likes this
- pieceofsushi likes this
- darlinglookwhatyouvedone likes this
- giovani-libero likes this
- panwee666 likes this
- xxxmistressofmiseryxxx reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- iamhermosanh reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- madisonvessie likes this
- mrskameo2u reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- aaarmss likes this
- thisbiitcchh reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- insecuritease likes this
- haileyhatesyou likes this
- downeyygasms reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- quiet--thunder likes this
- theredhead97 reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- theredhead97 likes this
- imhighofflifeee likes this
- mspzx likes this
- maryselucas likes this
- seetheworldthroughmyview likes this
- itzmelissabitch reblogged this from drugstoreprincess