What’s in my Travel Makeup Bag - Romantic Beach Vacation
On a whim, my other half whisked me away to Myrtle Beach for a week! Generally I’m the type who needs weeks to plan, but I’m pretty happy with the way the whole trip turned out and with what I brought along. Now I’m back in the real world all tanned up, drunk on sunshine, and *officially* engaged!
Keep reading to see what products I remembered to pack and why I chose them out of all the goodies I own!
Other than forgetting hair ties, I was pretty pleased with the cosmetic-related items that I brought on vacation, and *bonus* I didn’t even forget anything at the resort when I left! No, not all of this fit in my purse, but I was staying for a week, so I had to be prepared for anything.
1. LORAC Pro Palette ($42) - I have a lot of different eyeshadow palettes (too many, some might say) but I knew in a heartbeat that this was the most practical one for me to bring! This palette boasts 16 buttery neutral eyeshadows with an even mix of matte and shimmer finishes. You can mix and match any color and they will all compliment one another! Althought I didn’t use this during the day, it was an essential for nighttime. ::: BUY :::
2. L’Oreal DeCrease Eye Base ($6) - To keep my eyeshadow from getting muddy and creasing in the humidity, I needed to bring a good primer along. This was a recent repurchase and just so happened to already be in my makeup bag! ::: BUY :::
3. Physician’s Formula 2-in-1 Eye Booster Liquid Eyeliner ($8) - My all-time favorite liquid liner is just something I can’t be parted with. It never fails me, always looks perfect, and doesn’t smudge or flake in the heat! ::: BUY :::
4. Flower Beauty Easy On The Eyes Longwear Eyeliner Pencil ($6) - I bought this the day before leaving because I knew that if I brought a sharpener for my eyeliner, I’d lose it. This is a retractable version, and it just so happens to be damn near waterproof, smudge proof, and buttery smooth to apply… aka beachworthy! ::: BUY :::
5. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara ($9) - I chose this mascara because it does everything I need a mascara to do; it darkens, thickens, lengthens, and lasts! Plus it’s really gentle on my eyes, which was necessary after hopping from beach to pool to shower on the daily. ::: BUY :::
6. ELF Brow Kit ($3) - Even though I really neglected my brows for the majority of the vacation, I was happy I’d brought this filler along. You can’t go out to a fancy restaurant with messy brows, after all. ::: BUY :::
7. 10 Color Blush Palette ($16) - Because this is so much more travel friendly than toting a bunch of single blushers & bronzers around! ::: BUY :::
8. Garnier Skin Perfector BB Cream for C/O skin ($11) - I didn’t want to bring any heavy foundation, and this replaced my daytime skincare all in one go! This lightweight bb cream covered any redness, kept me shine free, moisturized my skin and protected me from the sun. :::BUY:::
9. Physician’s Formula Cover Rx Concealer ($7) - This is a great heavy duty concealer that works on everything, from dark circles to blemishes. It blends in flawlessly and doesn’t look obvious even if you’re hardly wearing any other makeup. Plus it’s moisturizing, which I needed after being on the beach all day and out all night! ::: BUY :::
10. ELF HD Powder ($6) - This was probably my least favorite product out of all the ones I’d brought.. it’s just too bulky, and it wasn’t as though I could carry it around with me for touchups if I got oily on the boardwalk! Even though it works well, it was impractical. ::: BUY :::
11. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray ($14) - A miracle in a bottle… this kept my makeup looking great all day and all night. :::BUY:::
12. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick ($4) - This is a softening, smoothing, soothing lip balm that I never leave the house without.
13. NYX Matte Lipstick “Sweet Pink” ($6) - This is an awesome hot pink shade that I rocked at the aquarium and while playing at the arcade! :::BUY:::
14. Flower Beauty Kiss Stick “Rose Bud” ($6) - I’m in love with this color and formula, a romantic and sexy blue-based red. ::BUY::
15. NYC Liquid Lip Shine “Nude York City” ($2) - This is a slightly sheer, non-sticky nude gloss that looks great alone and also adds shine to lipstick without changing the color too much. :::BUY:::
- Zoya “Julie” nail polish… kept myself from worrying about chipping my nails.
- ELF Essential eyelash curler… because there was no time for falsies, and lush lashes were the best alternative.
- Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Face Wipes… perfect for poolside refreshment, fixing raccoon eyes and removing makeup at the end of the night.
I missed you all while I was gone, but I had so much fun! My fiance and I officially set a wedding date for July of next year, and I’m on cloud 9. I also got to see one of my best friends after two years of not - and she just had a baby girl, who I’m so happy to have met! So yeah, although it didn’t feel right not logging on every night, I have to say my vacation was amazing and I already want to go back.
What do you think? Would you have brought more or less on a week long vacay? I’d love to hear!
If you represent a company who would like to work with DrugstorePrincess, please visit the PR Contact page.
- sparklykiwi likes this
- labellexlabete likes this
- judgethefuckoutofme reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- dabombbaldwin reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- dabombbaldwin likes this
- prussianblood likes this
- jenna228 likes this
- milydoll likes this
- 2muchmac likes this
- lfcmacho likes this
- obsenitea likes this
- sweetasaswisher likes this
- surferbray likes this
- thetrainingdiaries likes this
- forthebellyring likes this
- gypsydangerismyhomegirl likes this
- amyrt484 likes this
- 369damnufine likes this
- sarahtheclassy likes this
- ohaninoa likes this
- chasing-sugar likes this
- youguysitsareli likes this
- wondernessa likes this
- celeste-k-higgins likes this
- abigal-luvsu reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- sorrycantbeaperfect likes this
- princessjacjac23 likes this
- pinkpolkadots-and-yummycupckakes likes this
- defineeyourlegacy likes this
- destinyraye112351 likes this
- fantasized-perfection likes this
- itsafinething likes this
- miladytruestylist101 likes this
- xoxotamara likes this
- infinitydirectioner36 likes this
- lozbon likes this
- heelium5 likes this
- goddammitdana likes this
- mugo711 likes this
- pointofvogue likes this
- makeup-lovin-mommy likes this
- missbeautybaby likes this
- hellodinnassir reblogged this from drugstoreprincess
- crowntownprincess likes this
- amazingmel likes this
- emily22hannah likes this
- shorty0798 likes this
- 246975 likes this
- jpt61387 likes this
- xonoelle likes this