Cat-Eye Makeup Tips – Tutorials for Blonds, Brunettes, Reds
This article will tell you how to do the right cat eye makeup using special technique. I will help you find out the secrets of drawing arrows for different types of eyes for a sexy cat makeup. The article will ensure you step-by-step tutorial for creating a simple, cute cat eye makeup for blondes, brunettes, brown-haired women, fair-haired and red-haired, as well as for girls with different eye colors. Let’s get started.
Cat-eye makeup tips and peculiar features
There are a huge variety of techniques for creating makeup, but some of them appeared much earlier than the concept of the “makeup” itself. The cat eye makeup look technique has existed since the Egyptian queens, who painted a kind of a cat’s gaze on their eyelids, thereby attracting men to themselves. The cat makeup look is confusing even now.
Cat eye makeup is done using dark, black shadows, but there are also exotic, “lighter” variations of this look. This technique won the hearts of many girls back in the middle of the 20th century, including Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot.
This makeup can be seen in any look these days. For example, Megan Fox is most often made such a makeup and you will see a good example of this look. Literally, every girl copies cat makeup at least once, and there is not a single one for whom this make-up does not fit. For every women to create a fascinating cat eye makeup, I collect a bag with significant cosmetic products.
Cat makeup bag
Cat eye makeup cannot be put on without the following products:
Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Precision Eye Pencil
Winged Eyeliner Stamp-2 Pens Dual Ended Liquid Eye Liner
Too Faced Cat Eyes Palette
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Contour Concealer
elf, Flawless Finish Foundation, Lightweight, Oil-free formula
e.l.f. Cosmetics Powder Blush Palette, Four Blush Shades
Maybelline New York Volume Express Colossal Cat Eyes
da Vinci Cosmetics Professional Series 45750 – Eyeliner Brush
You can choose between eyeshadow, eyeliner and eye pencil depending on which one is fit you more. In order for the cat eye makeup to look neat, be sure to use a foundation. With a concealer, you can always remove sprinkled shadows or an untidy shaded arrow. It is better to choose a neutral blush color, just to give a lightness to the face with cat eye makeup.
Cat eye makeup – step by step tutorial
Despite the existence of a huge number of different variations, it still has one main principle that unites all the options. Cat eye makeup for girls, kids is a technique, the essence of which is to visually narrow and lengthen the eye to make the gaze languid, tender, sensual and daring at the same time. You can achieve lengthening using lines, which are made either with a pencil, or with eyeliner, or with dark shadows.
As mentioned above, lines fit to every women. The main thing is to be able to draw them correctly. All you need to do is calculate the width and length of the line so that it looks like an extension of your eye and looks harmonious in the image. The following rules are also important to adhere to when it comes to make-up using the cat eye basic technique.
Choose the line shape carefully for your type and eye color
For example, for a convex eyelid, the line should not be very wide and more elongated, while it should start from the middle of the upper eyelid. Also, in the case of a convex type of eyes, you do not need to emphasize the lower eyelid – this way you will get the opposite effect and only emphasize the “bulb”.
Define the shape of your eyes
Women with close-set eyes do not be afraid to draw the line beyond the eye corner. In fact, you “pull” the eyes away from each other, making them more elongated. If your eyes are kind of far apart, on the contrary, they need to be narrowed.
If your eyes are narrow, your lines should be wide and elongated – so you can definitely make them visually larger. At the same time, be sure to highlight the lower eyelid fold, but do not use eyeliner. Use brown pencil to highlight lower eyelid fold and blend it well.
If your eyes are small, draw clear and voluminous lines, but at the same time do not bring the arrow far beyond the outer eye corner. A wide, structured and short arrow will open your eyes and look very impressive. Highlight the lower eyelid with shadows and blend it well.
Use elongated mascara for narrow eyes and voluminous mascara for small and wide eyes. This will help emphasize the gaze and make it even more harmonious, in combination with the full image.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with clothes
Combine the cat eye makeup with both formal outfits and more casual ones like Halloween. But keep in mind that in the office, you cannot make a bright make-up with black shadows. Otherwise, at a party, your neutral cat look will be lost in the glow of spotlights.
Any hairstyle is suitable for such glam cat eye makeup, depending on the event and your image. If this is a more casual style – make a bun for your makeup to look very feminine and at the same time mysterious.
Older women should be careful with such makeup. In general, age make-up has its own nuances and rules. As for the cat eyes, it is important not to overload it with lip color. Make them neutral. It’s best to use a pencil darker than your own lips or a sheer lip gloss.
Also, the image can be both daytime (with a minimum of makeup on the eyes) and evening. The only item that will help to beat an image is bright lipstick. Classic red is perfect for both day and evening makeup.
Cat eye makeup for blondes
- For blondes, eye makeup is something that you need to work hard on so as not to overdo it. Sometimes too black lines and a underlined lower eyelid can look very ugly and vulgar, so try to follow the next instructions if you want to make a beautiful cat eye make-up.
- If you are using a black pencil or eyeliner, your makeup should be as accurate as possible. Do not highlight the lower eyelid with black – this will make your look very gloomy.
- The arrows should be neat, starting from the middle of the eyelid and extending slightly over the eye corner.
- Lines can be wide and visible, but at the same time they should be as clear and structured as possible. Also, if you make such lines, use the only neutral shadows. The lipstick can be chosen as red or neutral, depending on the situation.
Cheshire cat makeup for brunettes
- Any lines of any size will fit brunettes, but if your hair color is close to black, try not to overload it. Put brown shadows on the lower eyelid and blend them well.
- For daytime makeup, use neutral lipsticks. For evening makeup, you can choose any color, the main thing is that the eyes do not look too bright one. Keep in mind, only one accents should be made on your face.
Makeup for brown and fair-haired
Cat eye makeup for red-haired women
- Black arrows are fit for red-haired. You can safely draw them in any size, but still, for the daytime look, it is better to choose a thin arrow, and for the evening one – wide.
- The lower eyelid line depends on your eye shape. If do it, use brown eye pencil and blend it will.
- Lipsticks are neutral, but feel free to use red shades. The main thing is that it matches the color of your hair.